Last Friday, Chris and I were working in a commercial building of a company that does a lot of the kitchen and bathroom remodels here in town. They needed some work done and decided to try us out which could lead to lots of business for us.
Not wanting to shut anything down, we were working on everything hot. It’s not difficult, you just have to be careful to only touch one thing at a time. Unfortunately, I had to re-wire two switches, which means pulling wire out of the stab holes that are made to hold the wire in. So I had my trusty Leatherman in the release hole which is also hot (apparently). I was pushing the wire out with my other hand and as my arm pivoted, my elbow hit the coffee maker. Needless to say, I got more of a jolt than caffeine from that coffee maker as it completed the circuit through my body!
Everything went black and faded back in with a hum as I stared at Chris in front of me. I laughed it off, but it was kind of scary and left my head and arms feeling weird for a while. It was my first real hit besides getting tickled, which I figure officially makes me a “Sparky”.