I’ve been spending most of my free time working on the re-design of our church website. It has been an interesting adventure and I have learned a lot about CSS and cross-browser hacking. I have finally fished a prototype of the website design (the page was mainly used to show the church leadership).
I would like to thank all these websites and the people involved in them for all their great resources and help without which, I would still be playing in boxes:
- My wife, Jamie for her support, inspiration and design tips.
- A List Apart for great ideas and tutorials.
- Simple Bits for an awesome design to learn from.
- W3Schools’ CSS Tutorial for their wealth of information.
- CSS Forum for their help on a margin problem.
- Complex Spiral Consulting for their good article
- Jak Psat Web for his help with “vertical centering“.
- Jakob Nielsen’s Alertbox for his advice
I will be polishing up the design and making the site conform to it hopefully by the end of this week. There is still a lot of content to get up and things to work out. I said re-design and that all the old site had…a design (a bad one at that) that I made some time back. Now we’re actually going to put up a website!